Job Title: Child Protection Coordinator
Number of positions: One (1)
Reporting to: Program Associate
Duty Station: Juba
Duration: Six (6) Months with possible extension
Position opened for: South Sudanese Women Only
Desired Start date: ASAP
Advert started : 1st April 2021
Advert ended : 20th April 2021
Charity and Empowerment Foundation (CEF) is national not-for-profit organization established in 2017 to address the most urgent and pressing needs of the people of South Sudan. The aim of forming CEF is to lead positive social change by empowering communities to improve their healthy living conditions, fight poverty, illiteracy, marginalization, injustice, dictatorship, and traditional institutions that oppress and discriminate women. By following it mission, CEF is looking for well experienced woman to fill the vacancy of Child Protection Coordinator who will lead child protection department and supervise all child protection officers working in different locations within South Sudan.
The Child Protection Coordinator will:
- Participates and contributes to all the assessments, planning, development, implementation, training, monitoring, and evaluation of activities that related to child protection programming in South Sudan.
- Supervise all child protection officers in different fields operations in South Sudan.
- Foster an understanding of the context – political, cultural etc and community expectations, within the Child Protection and program team in South Sudan and contribute to the development of contextually appropriate program design.
- Contribute to country level contingency plans and support the integration of contingency planning for child protection in all program planning and proposal design, where possible.
- Work with the Program Associate to oversee implementation of Child Protection project activities, ensuring that services are delivered on time, on budget and in compliance with donor regulations.
- Work with the Program Associate to ensure Child Protection program is implemented in ways responsive to communities, partners, and children in line with CEF’s principles, values, and strategic plan and compliant with CEF’s procedures.
- Work with the Program Associate to develop detailed implementation plans including procurement and distribution schedules of program inputs in line with supply chain department.
- In coordination with the Program Associate, work with the Child Protection team of partner organization to develop work-plans and follow up with team members regularly to ensure that activities are on track.
- With the Program Associate, monitor program progress against both programmatic and budgetary targets, adjusting program design, as necessary.
- As requested by the Program Associate, prepare timely and high-quality program and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal CEF requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Promote and implement effective measures to identify, prevent and reduce force marriage, child marriage, and violence against children.
- Promote International and National Law and applicable CEF standards and ensure that all activities of CEF fulfil protection mainstreaming responsibilities.
- Attend child protection cluster meetings and related sub-clusters meetings on behave of CEF.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Five years experiences working with child protection department of international or national humanitarian organization.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lead and facilitate trainings and workshops.
- Ability to organize and conduct public awareness campaign.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and report on time.
- Demonstrate ability to liaise with partners, local authorities, and communities.
- Ability to strictly observe and respect the code of conduct of the organization.
- Must be fluence in English.
How to apply
Qualified applicants should send their resume, copies of certificates, and nationality certificate ID via email@example.com or by hand delivery to CEF headquarters (First Floor, Yaro Plaza, Addis Ababa Road, Hai Cinema, Juba) or nearby CEF Field Office by 20thApril 2020 at 5:00 PM CAT. Your email subject must be Application for Child Protection Coordinator.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Women candidates with special needs are strongly encouraged to apply.
NB:This position urgently needs to be filled; therefore applications will be reviewed as they are submitted case by case